Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKeith

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
I just bought the iPod Touch 6th Generation. I have an older iPod that I can just plug into to my iMac and it will instantly recognize it and open iTunes automatically.

I can't find a way to get my iMac, or iTunes, to recognize this iPod Touch. What am I doing wrong? Right now it's connected to my iMac via a USB cable.

And, can I pair this iPod Touch with my iMac via BlueTooth? It recognizes it and gives me a code to type in, but I have nowhere on my iPod Touch to type it in.

Any help with these things would be greatly appreciated.

iKeith

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
I believe the latest iTunes (12.2) is required.
Thanks braddick. I just found that out. I have iTunes 10. I'm always reluctant to update iTunes because they're constantly changing the layout, how things work, etc., and I always hate it. They keep making things more and more difficult and confusing for folks like me who aren't tech savvy. Will (reluctantly) update iTunes and come back to let you know if that resolved the issue.

Reactions: LinuXtreme

iKeith

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Yeah, that was the issue. I now have the latest version of iTunes... and have absolutely no idea how to use it. It's absolutely not user friendly. Oh well... thanks for responding. If there were a way to close the thread, I would.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I too own the latest (and, greatest!) iPod touch yet refuse to update iTunes (running 11.4). I simply run iTunes through the iPod itself, downloading all I need that way (coupled with iCloud).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.