IPOD touch 8 or 16 Gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eng.chick, Nov 7, 2007.

1. eng.chick macrumors newbie

i wanna buy one for my sister's x-mas gift
    here are my questions
    i live in Canada and our dollar is higher than US now so how come apple website still sells to Canada higher price?
    does it worth paying extra 100 dollars to get 16 gb instead of 8?
    do you think by any chance it might go on sale for x-mas?
    can she connect to internet for free with ipod touch?

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

1. IDK, they haven't updated the price yet.
    2. It's exactly the same except for the capacity, go with how much she needs
    3. Not really, occasionally on black friday they have a sale
    4. Anywhere where there is free wifi (home, school, work)

3. chall5 macrumors regular

I'd say an extra 8GB is worth $100 even if she doesn't need it now she will in future and if they enable disk mode she will be able to keep files on there aswell

4. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

When I loaded my videos onto my touch, I had used a little more than 8 GB's so if you have videos then its worth it.

5. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

this is the view of someone who has alot of discretionary income

an extra 30% in cost to add 100% to the usage of the product just makes sense to me...i couldn't bare to cripple myself for such a relatively small saving

generally, if you're debating with yourself which way to go...go for more storage

that being said, it is a present and she'll be happy with whatever you give her

6. Neptunian macrumors member

Get the 16GB iPod touch

Get the 16GB iPod touch, if you have the extra 100 dollars coz it'll worth it. You shld always remember that you cannot upgrade the memory capacity after you purchased the iPod touch. If you get the 8GB iPod touch, then you MIGHT regret later when you need a bigger capacity later in the future. You'll never know how much memory you need in the fututre. :D

But, if you have a budget constraint, then you have to settle for the 8GB iPod touch. :eek:

You can connect to Internet for free at places where they offer free Internet connection via WiFi. Places like Starbucks, Coffee Beans, etc... offer free WiFi connection.:apple: