iPod Touch 9.99$ Update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djjoja, Sep 6, 2008.

1. djjoja macrumors member

Hiya MacRumor users!
    Just wanted to ask few things about this Update that Apple is selling for the iPod Touch..
    Well basically...the firmware they're selling for the iPod, is it Version 2.0 or 2.02?
    ++ If you buy this Update from the Dutch Store, can you still install it on a European iPod Touch and then just change the language to English (UK) or something?
    Thanks, hope I get replies :D

Thanks

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

They are selling the 2.0 firmware, which is comparable to Mac OS 10.5, so you get 2.0 and all subsequent 2.x updates, so yes, you would get 2.0.2 for free after purchasing 2.0. About your second question, I simply don't know.

3. djjoja thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying..alright..now I got it..cos basically now, when I plug in my iPod..I can update to version 2.02 ..as in the Update button comes up..and then lets me install it..which means that payment has gone succeessful..
    Thanks
    About the Dutch version thing..hope someone knows about it! :D

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

There's only one version of the firmware. There's only one version of the iPod. Put these two facts together and it any language will work on any iPod, no matter where you bought the firmware or the device.

5. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

6. djjoja thread starter macrumors member