Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klyvert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Hi guys!

I'm new here. I'm from Brazil and I will travel tomorrow to Chicago but I will not go with my laptop because I'm thinking to buy another one there. So, before I buy the laptop (which I think that I will do at New York) I will buy an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I know that for the first use I need to activate it in Itunes.

What I want to know is if I can activate it at Apple Sotre. Can I???

I will need the Ipod Touch in the first few days to send emails and communicate with my friends in Chicago.

I really appreciate your help!!

Thanks in advance!

Klyvert

ps. Sorry for my bad english

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Hi guys!

I'm new here. I'm from Brazil and I will travel tomorrow to Chicago but I will not go with my laptop because I'm thinking to buy another one there. So, before I buy the laptop (which I think that I will do at New York) I will buy an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I know that for the first use I need to activate it in Itunes.

What I want to know is if I can activate it at Apple Sotre. Can I???

I will need the Ipod Touch in the first few days to send emails and communicate with my friends in Chicago.

I really appreciate your help!!

Thanks in advance!

Klyvert

ps. Sorry for my bad english

Yes you can. All you need to do is plug it into one of their Macs and it will activate. Kind of stupid (that Apple needed them to be activated before use) if you ask me, but it works.

Klyvert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Thanks. So, do I need a credit card to activate? I don't like to share my credit card number at a public computer...

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.