iPod Touch added an unauthorized Pass Code lock after 2.2 update.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Auzburner, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I have NEVER put a pass code lock on my iPod Touch. Just after finishing the 2.2 update I went to unlock the iPod Touch and there was a pass code lock on the unlock screen. I tried all of the combinations I could think of and it will not unlock. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but the Touch is stuck at the unlock screen. I'm trying to avoid a restore, but will that eliminate the pass code? If I restore for a backup it will probably include the pass code, so I will need to completely restore, correct? Any help would be much appreciated, I'm also debating on calling Apple support and asking if there's anything they can do for me, if not then I will let them know what happened and restore...

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

The same thing is happening to some iPhone users and there is not an available fix for it at this time. Restoring is likely your best bet, unless you're a really good guesser.

3. Auzburner thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

On the phone with an Indian Apple support tech. He just went right out and is having me restore... I'm thinking the security added from the bug in the pass code lock is causing this problem.

4. Auzburner thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I completed the restore from backup and the pass code is gone. There must be some sort of bug in the software that decided to lock this touch for whatever reason.