Ipod Touch advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zeppelin68, Sep 9, 2007.

1. zeppelin68 macrumors regular

I really like the new Ipod Touch. My only concern is storage. I could live with 16gb(my current ipod is a 4gig mini lol) but I would rather have at least 30. The classic isn't really appealing, and I probably wouldn't get the touch until around xmas. Should I wait until Macworld 08?

2. Borracho400 macrumors member

I ordered the 8gb touch the other day. I have a 30 gb iPod with about 3,000 songs but I only listen to about 500 hundred of those regularly. I don't know if you listen to all of your music all the time. Like you said you have a 4gb mini now, so if that fits all your needs, and you only want to add a couple of movies or tv shows then i think the 8gb should already be enough for you because you can always change the things you have on it. I think if you wait til macworld 08 there might just be something new coming out again and then you will be faced with the same decision. My advice is if you don't listen to all of your music and right now you are fine with your 4gb one and only want some movies then get the 8gb touch. But if you want to be careful and plan out in advance then get yourself the 16 gb, or the 8 gb iPhone if your contract is about to run out, cause its the same price just with more features. Hope that helps!

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yea, the Touch isn't going to see an update by MWSF '08

although if your waiting for Xmas....

4. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

But...Toshiba will begin selling 32 GB flash chips in Jan/08. Other MP3 players will incorporate these chips, and Apple won't want to fall too far behind...