iPod Touch Airplay w/Hulu Plus

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mac303, May 23, 2012.

1. mac303 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    After the latest update my iPod touch airplay option went from never working to being able to stream the sound of Hulu Plus video on the AppleTV. Is there anything I can do to get the video to work too? I'm new here and think this is the correct spot for a question like this..Thanks for the help!

2. Stackerboy macrumors newbie

Jailbreak the iPod. Install airvideoenabler from cydia. Open an approved app (such as music) and set AirPlay to play out on the apple tv.

Open Hulu, navigate to what you want to watch, hit play.

The only hitch I've noticed is that "resume" doesn't really resume where you left off. Otherwise, pretty slick.

Apple TV 3 running 5.0.1 (iOS 5.1.1)
    iPod touch 4 running 5.1.1

3. Stackerboy, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

Stackerboy macrumors newbie

Oh, and set your auto lock on the iPod to "never" or it quits when the iPod goes to sleep.

ETA: The quality wasn't as good as a Roku with the wind at its back, but my Internet speed was pretty slow last night (.83 Mbps) too. I tried the Roku immediately after, and the picture quality was better. It did not pause to buffer, but went a little digital at times.

The interesting thing was that you get used to the reasonable quality of the show, and then a commercial would come on and be really fuzzy. Immediately after the commercial, the show would resume at normal quality. I guess commercials don't get buffered.

The picture quality was better than a jailbroken apple tv 1 with Boxee.