iPod Touch - Airtunes Functionality

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kuska, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Kuska macrumors regular

Kuska

Apologies if this question has been asked previously - didnt see any reference in other thread headings in this forum.

Q. Can I wirelessly send music from the iPod touch to my speakers via an airport express unit ?

If this is possible, I'll be picking one up asap.:)

2. ahmed.hassan macrumors member

I'm not sure whether such an operation is possible. However, I do believe it is possible to stream music from your computer to your Airport Express, and control the music being streamed by your computer from your iPod touch, using a piece of software called "Signal": http://www.alloysoft.com/

3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

i dont think they are right about that working with the touch bc how could it possibly do that withou tblutooth.. there just seems no possible way, i am not saying i am right, but i would like someone to explain how this could be possible witht the ipod touch

4. ahmed.hassan macrumors member

"Signal" creates a server that connects to your iTunes library. Your iPod touch or iPhone then connects to the server via Safari and your Wi-Fi connection.

5. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

This actually works pretty well from the iPod touch. Now if only I could control my Apple TV from my iPod touch. That would be, as my buddy Palmer says, Feces Hot.

6. ahmed.hassan macrumors member

Why would you want to do that?

7. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

Hmmmmm.... would make an amazing remote. Plus, for music functionality alone it would be great. Imagine being able to control the Apple TV from the iPod Touch. Then, I wouldn't need to have the TV on to change tracks. I could control it from the kitchen instead of heading into the living room to browse my catalogue. Would come in handy for sure.