iPod Touch Alarm

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by someone28624, Oct 19, 2010.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I have a 1st gen iPod Touch, so a lot has changed since then. Not having a speaker, I never use the alarm feature. Does the alarm feature work even if it's sleeping? Can you wake up to a song, or is it still just the sound options?

2. georgepelyva macrumors newbie

ipod touch alarm

I dont know about the alarm sounding when the touch is sleeping,but could you hear it anyway? The volume is not loud enough to wake me up or do you sleep with the earbuds in?How do you adjust the volume that the alarm would be loud enough to wake you up when the iPod is on the night stand next to you?

3. liren.zhu macrumors newbie

If you hit the side volume buttons, it will adjust the alarm sound. The speaker on the touch is too low to be really effective. Personally, I put my touch into an empty cup (speaker first), and that should resonate the sound enough.

4. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your answers. I was picturing like a cell phone speaker, I guess. My cell phone could wake the dead.

5. Briview macrumors regular

I don't think that the first generation touch had the volume control buttons or speakers (other than keyboard clicks and the general sounds). ;)

6. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

It's pretty easy to make a .m4r file of a song and then load it to the touch.

After that, you can set any alarm or timer to it.