iPod Touch + Alcohol = Wandering Problems...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Kiddo86, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Kiddo86 macrumors member

So I had my iPod touch in my pocket at a party over the weekend and I had a drink get spilled on me... I took my iPod out of my pocket right away, but it was already a bit wet. I didn't think anything of it until halfway through the next day when I tried to listen to some music and nothing was coming through my headphones... Everything else was normal. After letting it dry for a day, audio is coming through just fine, but now my home button doesn't do anything! It's like the liquid moved from the headphone jack to the home button... any ideas? The home button FEELS just fine pressing it... not that I'd expect anything else from a bit of fluid, but I'm sure that the button is clicking and making contact the way it's supposed to...

EDIT: Also, the drink was 1 shot tequila, 1 shot rum, 1 shot vodka, 1/2 lime, and Fanta. haha... does that matter? :)

2. Dublo7 macrumors regular

Why... the hell did you take an ipod to a party?

3. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

TO ROCK OUT WHILE YOUR PARTYING! WHOOOO!

4. ttech10 macrumors 6502

He may have just had it on him and ended up at a party.

I have an iPhone and the closest I got was spilling my drink on me in the car (vodka/coke) when my friend hit a bump, though as I keep hearing these stories it makes me worried about carrying it around during parties. Don't worry, I wasn't driving, I was sitting in the back seat. Luckily, though it didn't spill by my pockets... but DID make it look like I pissed myself... luckily though it was MY party we were headed to so I changed once we got to the house, haha.

But, random story aside, I think what might have happened is just something with the circuit board or chips. I read a thread from someone else who got their iPhone wet and the entire bottom half of the screen was unresponsive. Sadly I don't think there's an easy (or possibly cheap) fix for it.

5. Kiddo86 thread starter macrumors member

You're right... I shouldn't have had it at a party... an iPod isn't part of the holy trinity... wallet, keys, cell phone... then again.... if it had been an iPhone...

In any case... does anyone think that trying to crack open the iPod is smart? I find it really odd that the home button worked for over a day after it got wet... but then stopped working when the audio came back... i feel like it might just need to dry a bit... I had a cell phone get completely submerged in water once... I cracked the case open a bit and left it for 2 days with a fan blowing on it... put the battery back in and it was fine!