Ipod touch always rebooting/freezing when watching a movie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skaterxx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. skaterxx macrumors newbie

Ok so i previously had an 8GB ipod touch with 1.1.3 firmware and the january upgrade and i noticed every 5 to 10 minutes of watching a movie or t.v. show the sound would stop playing and then the ipod would reboot. So i just decided to get a new 16GB ipod touch and it is doing the exact same thing. If i start watching a movie or show 5 to 10 minutes later it will just freeze and reboot, or the sound will stop working and then it will just go back to the home screen.
    Help!!!

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

This sounds like the memory of your iPod touch is being used up by other applications in the background. When in an application, hold the home button (the button towards the bottom of the device) for about 7-10 seconds. Any applications you were previously in will exit, and you will graphically be returned to the homes screen of iPod touch. This is essentially the same as 'Force Qutting' in Mac OSX, or hitting CTL ALT DEL on Windows. This process frees up any memory that was being used up in background processes (what is it coming to when an ipod has 'background processes' ;)).

Retry playing a video for the desired time span, if the problems persist, restore your iPod touch through iTunes (don't worry, the 'app pack' will be reinstalled into your iPod touch after your first sync, after the restore). If this doesn't resolve your issues, book an appointment with the Genius Bar at one of your nearest Apple stores. They may be able to shed some light on the matter, or even offer you a refurbished replacement.

R-Fly

3. skaterxx thread starter macrumors newbie