iPod touch and apple remote control

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stetz5, Oct 25, 2008.

1. stetz5 macrumors newbie

hey, i was wondering if you can sync the apple remote control to the ipod touch? I know i can sync my iPod touch with my MBP with the remote app and i have done so, but can you control your iPod touch with the Apple Remote Control?

2. henchosbandito macrumors member

hey! if you get the new universal dock you'll be able to use the remote when the ipod is docked. Works with my ipod touch, havent used it with any other ipods but i cant see why it wouldnt work. The remote wont work directly with iPod touch as im pretty sure im right in saying there is no IR receiver built in to the touch itself. Im sure if im wrong, someone will come and say so.

3. Dudeman486 macrumors member

I'd like to hop on to this thread myself. Can I connect one of the apple remotes I got with my mac to the universal dock? Or is there a remote already included?

4. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Your existing remote will work; not sure if there's one included with the dock though.

5. tje0454 macrumors newbie

can you use an apple remote with ANY apple universal dock? im looking for one on ebay to use with my apple remote and i dont know what to look for

6. carmad macrumors newbie

Apple remote works, with bugs

I am using iPod Touch with an older dock+remote, and it works just the same... with a bug: when using iPod Touch in the dock, the remote's "Play" and "Next" buttons automatically open "Videos" on the iPod. I haven't been able to use the remote to change to the next photo in the album.