iPod Touch and Car Trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by paul.b.davis, Jul 26, 2008.

1. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

So I have an in dash car stereo that has the specific connector for iPods and about 3 days ago, the stereo just stopped recognizing my iPod. I tested my friends iPod and his worked just fine, so I know it cannot be the stereo itself.

The iPod still syncs fine with my computer just fine and plays audio through the headphone jack.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. slomifier macrumors regular

Couple things you could do.

Try his connector cord, yours may be busted.

Check to make sure it still chages, so you know they port still works

Buy a in-to-out cord (I don;t know it's real name, but it look like a double sided headphone male jack).

Check in setting to see if somethings turned off there. (I don't know if theres a option for it.

3. paul.b.davis thread starter macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

It is a connector like the one you hook up to the computer with, and it works fine with other iPods.

When my iPod is connected, it flashes between the song selection screen and the "External Device Connected" screen radpidly.

This is the car receiver I have

4. JAT macrumors 603

Sounds like you have an intermittent connection. The Touch seems to have a slightly different depth to the plug, or something, compared to my 4G and 5G at least. Make sure it is plugged in all the way, take it out of any case if you have to.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Could be an issue with the dock connector on your iPod. Make sure you don't have any dust/dirt/lint in there. Maybe use a bit of compressed air to blow out your dock connector on your iPod..

6. paul.b.davis thread starter macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

Well it was working fine until a couple days ago, and I will try clearing out the connector with compressed air, even though it syncs fine with the computer

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

There are different pins in the connector for different things. Maybe you have an issue with the ones that make the car stereo recognized, and NOT with the ones for syncing.

Since it works fine with other iPods, I would assume the issue is with your iPod and not the stereo cable...

8. DataThief macrumors member

Have you done a shutdown/restart of your touch?. Hold the power on button down till prompted to swipe your finger. The power back on and reconnect it to the radio, some times my new kamealon radio has problems with my touch until I do this.