iPod touch and cellphone, any harm done?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Regbial, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Regbial macrumors 6502

Regbial

I may be a little OCD but I'm very curious about something, hope one of you guys can give me an answer... Can anything happen to my iPod touche's wifi antenna if I put it in the same pocket with my cellphone? Can it harm it? Decrease it's range permanently or something? (you know like a magnet does to a tv) Can something happen to the screen maybe? They do say that cellphones can give you brain cancer if you use them too much...

I know it sounds stupid, but I really want to know.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've kept mine together for over a year and it's fine. Remember, an iPhone has both and it doesn't implode :)

3. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I have kept mine also together (pockets or bags) and did not notice any damage.

4. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Well the cell phone could scratch the iPod touch screen somehow...

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I dont think so...

Yes cellphones emit radiation which can give you cancer, not specifically brain cancer though. It emits radiation all the time, when youre talking on it or not.

6. BiggAW macrumors 68020

They can scratch each other, but no, nothing bad will happen to RF. The phone could theoretically have some reception problems due to a chunk of copper next to it, but they would be rectified within 10 seconds of separating the two devices, and isn't any different than setting it down next to other metal or electronics- so don't worry about it.

7. asharer macrumors newbie