iPod touch iPod touch and cellphone, any harm done?

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I may be a little OCD but I'm very curious about something, hope one of you guys can give me an answer... Can anything happen to my iPod touche's wifi antenna if I put it in the same pocket with my cellphone? Can it harm it? Decrease it's range permanently or something? (you know like a magnet does to a tv) Can something happen to the screen maybe? They do say that cellphones can give you brain cancer if you use them too much...

I know it sounds stupid, but I really want to know.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've kept mine together for over a year and it's fine. Remember, an iPhone has both and it doesn't implode :)

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I may be a little OCD but I'm very curious about something, hope one of you guys can give me an answer... Can anything happen to my iPod touche's wifi antenna if I put it in the same pocket with my cellphone? Can it harm it? Decrease it's range permanently or something? (you know like a magnet does to a tv) Can something happen to the screen maybe? They do say that cellphones can give you brain cancer if you use them too much...

I know it sounds stupid, but I really want to know.
I dont think so...

Yes cellphones emit radiation which can give you cancer, not specifically brain cancer though. It emits radiation all the time, when youre talking on it or not.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
They can scratch each other, but no, nothing bad will happen to RF. The phone could theoretically have some reception problems due to a chunk of copper next to it, but they would be rectified within 10 seconds of separating the two devices, and isn't any different than setting it down next to other metal or electronics- so don't worry about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.