Ipod touch and Ihome

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ElizabethS, Jan 10, 2009.

1. ElizabethS macrumors newbie

My new Ipod touch has played music through my Ihome for the two weeks that I have owned it - but now I can't get music to run through the Ihome speakers. I concluded that something was wrong with my Ihome because music would still play through my Ipod touch speakers. I returned my Ihome toTarget and got a new one - but my Ipod touch won't play on the new one either. So... now I conclude that something is up with my Ipod touch. I called Apple - after asking several questions and having me hook my Ipod into my computer while on the phone with me, the gentlemen said something is wrong with the Ihome - I find that hard to believe since I just got it out of the box and the one I returned had the same problem. Does anyone think I put some setting on my Ipod touch that now prevents it from playing on a Ihome - I am totally confused.

2. acedew macrumors member

The iHome audio comes through the Dock, I doubt the iPod's speaker has any bearing on whether or not the iPod is broken in that regard.

Sounds like you either have had some bad luck with the iHome, or your Dock audio out is broken. Did you buy the iHomes from the same place? Maybe there's something wrong with that batch. I'd try buying it from somewhere else before giving up. Or even better, try buying another brand and model and see if it has the same problem. That would be a little more convincing to Apple Support. Or you could go to a store that has one one display and dock your iPod and see if it works.

If your Dock out is busted and Apple won't fix it, you could get speakers that have an auxillary in line? Not as cool, but it works.