iPod Touch and iTunes music location help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Calogero, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Calogero macrumors newbie

HI All,

I will try and make this as short as possible. If its long I apologize I just have to explain it as best I can.

I have an iPod touch and am using a PC. I loaded my iTunes will all the cds I wanted. I transfered all the music and put in on to my iPod.

Now, recently I went back into iTunes and went to add songs to my iPod and all my music was gone and even gone from the iPod. So my wife re added all our cds plus more. Then I went and researched and found out that maybe iTunes just thought I moved the music so I followed the instructions on how to get it all back.

I had to move one file to the desktop and then open iTunes and import that file. It sort of worked.

But now, my computer is bogging down because I have doubles of every cd on the computer.

The problem is, is that I can't find the music from the first time I uploaded all the cds. I did a search for the music, copied its path/directory, and then when i go to that exact path/directory, its not the music I'm looking for. Its as if they're are two layers. Top and bottom layer and I can only see the top layer of music (the ones my wife just added) and the bottom layer is hidden and can't be found.

For example let me explain more. I have three Matthew Good Albums on my iPod. However, under the iTunes Music folder, only one is showing up, but in iTunes I can see all three. Two folders are for some reason hidden and one of them is a double.

I want to be able to find these double albums from my computer and delete them off. Even if I delete the iPod of all the music I still don't think it will help me with my problem.

My Documents folder is saying 17gigs of space used. Music equals 6gigs, documents equals 6 gigs, and so I got 5-6 gigs of missing/i can't see files.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Please help.

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Looking in iTunes, do you have duplicated Playlists? That might explain the multiples in iTunes and singles elsewhere.

FWIW, my path for iTunes music (using Win XP Pro2) is C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music.

3. Calogero thread starter macrumors newbie

I just opened iTunes.

Under playlists I have.

Party Shuffle
    90's Music
    Music Video
    My Top Rated
    Recently Added
    Recently Played
    Top 25 Played

My iPod is not plugged in.

By the way, when I click on music, none of the music that i have on the computer shows up or is there.

Not even under recently added.

4. Calogero thread starter macrumors newbie

anybody got any insight into this problem?

please and thanks.

5. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

you can try going to your itunes -go under "file" then click on "show duplicates"
    with this you can delete all duplicate files that you may have on your itunes