Ipod touch and June 08

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zoablive, Apr 24, 2008.

1. zoablive macrumors newbie

Hi folks,
    Just curious what is meant to happen to the ipod touch in Jone 08

2. boganrulz macrumors member

boganrulz

Sdk

The Software Development Kit is coming out. There will be a ton of apple approved apps that ipod touch (and iphone) users will be able to get. Like Jailbreaking but less flakey.:D

3. asrmatt macrumors regular

asrmatt

Countdown...

:) can't wait for all those goodies coming!

4. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Once this happens, the iPhone and touch will become unstoppable devices! ANyTHING is possible for them!

5. MadBryan macrumors newbie

6. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Some will, some won't. Thats at the discretion of the app's developer.

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I will at that time fork over $500 for the 32G. I need a new toy:D

8. BioCore macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of buying an iPod Touch 8GB in May. But I was wondering if anyone expects an upgrade will also happen to the iPod Touch, other than the software upgrade during the WWDC week.

Or is it safe to say that buying one in May is a good move? I mostly want one in May because I will be taking a week long trip during that time and would like to have an MP3 player with me, and because I need to update from my old and boring PSP.

Thanks for any insight.

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I will be either deciding if I want to fork out money for a 16/32GB Touch or buy a refurb Classic.

10. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Last week I bought my 16gb. I would say buy now because I think they said it was only a software update. Unless you don't want to pay $20 and wait.

11. BioCore macrumors regular

That is the only thing I hate about the iPod Touch, paying for the upgrades. But I don't mind forking over $20.00 for a decent upgrade. As far as I know, there will probably be only a minor upgrade, like the addition of the app store and, I guess that is it.

Anyone know what else is supposed to included? If it is only the App Store, then 20 bucks will be not worth it.

I was also planning on buying a case for my iPod, since I will save some money buying an 8GB, I was thinking of buying this Belkin Leather Folio. Anyone know if this is a good case for simply keeping the iPod clean and protected?

12. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I have the Belkin Leather Folio and I'm returning it this week. It protects the iPod but at the cost of the look and ease of use. Everytime you want to change a song you gotta open the velcro strap and the iPod tends to slide a bit out the side once its open. It makes it harder to use. And the screen keeps getting dusty since I started using it. I think it gets trapped in the case. I don't like it much.

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

ActiveSync for talking to Exchange. I'll definitely be using it :)

14. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

My friend had one of these, he returned it because it kept on slipping out of his hands.

15. ranwanimator macrumors newbie

I bought the Sena Stand case. It's super high quality leather and looks very nice. It's a little bit more pricey than some of the other options, but all this company does is make leather products so they know what they are about.
    I wouldn't use a Belkin product even if I got it for free. Belkin = junk.

16. HollacoptaPilot macrumors newbie

Don't listen to this guy. I've been coming to this board since January and back then everyone here said that we would get our apps at the end of February, then it got pushed to early March and then it got pushed to June. It's obvious that we will NEVER be getting apps. Notice how people always say that "the software development kit is coming out" ISNT THAT WHAT CAME OUT IN MARCH?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

If I find out in June that we will have to wait even longer for apps I am just going to throw this ipod touch piece of **** at Steve Jobs' head.