Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I have noticed that when I try to access me.com with my iPod touch I get the iphone welcome page. When I connect to me.com I get to my mail and everything else. The exact web page I get is http://www.me.com/iphone_welcome . The get more info link takes me to apple.com page on mobileme.
It starts going to http://www.me.com/mail/# but then jumps over to this page.
Is there something I'm missing to get to the mail page of mobileme?

TheChemist

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
don't you access the MM mail, by clicking the mail icon from the main menu on the touch?

Same for Cal, contacts?

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
That may be. I was just wondering why I go to a site and it sends me to iPhone welcome. I would figure I should be able to go to the me.com site and manage things from the site if I want. Maybe that is not the case.:confused:
I've sent in a support request to Apple on this.

shield2160

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Me Too

I don't get why I can't sign on to my mobile me account. I get the same results you do. I want to get to the main menu so I can get my calendar and pictures and address book. What Gives!:mad:

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
yea MM is integrated.... Contacts/calendar/Mail app (on touch) all do what Me.com does on your desktop computer

sebast1anc

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
To setup mobileme on your ipod touch go to

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > MobileMe (or add account then mobileme if you already have an e-mail setup) > then enter your account information

your iPod touch will automatically sync wirelessly with your mobileme account and you'll access everything through the mail, contacts, and calendar apps on the iPod, and any changes will sync wirelessly with mobileme and the updates will show up on your computer, and vice-versa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.