Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Lake Elsinore, California
I will be purchasing an iPod Touch very soon, and have been wondering how Myspace will perform with it.

Since Apple has decided to not place Mail on the touch, I would primarily use the internet function for Macrumors.com and Myspace. The use of Myspace will make up for the lack of Mail. (A little).

I do have a gmail account, but in order to communicate with my less then tech savvy friends, I will be using Myspace.

So.
Can anyone post their experiences w/ Myspace on their touch?
(Ive heard large text fields can be difficult)

Anyone?

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Just a guess, but I think it's going to be really slow. I mean, when you go on myspace that has all the crap like music, videos, and all that, you cant expect much out of the ipod touch.

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Yes.
I figured.
Still, I would like to her from some one who has actually visited myspace on a touch.
Its obvious that the music portion of Myspace, and the new flash-based profiles will not work, due to the lack of flash support.

I just want to know if it is "usable"

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Yes.
I figured.
Still, I would like to her from some one who has actually visited myspace on a touch.
Its obvious that the music portion of Myspace, and the new flash-based profiles will not work, due to the lack of flash support.

Yup it is usable. Music won't be a problem since it is flashed based... (It just won't work)

Only thing that is annoying is that typing your username and password is "laggy".

Only site this happens on.. Very strange.

I hardly use myspace though. Facebook is MUCH better and their website is meant to work on the iPhone/iPod

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
Yes.
I figured.

i have seen a youtube videop of a guy using it and he said it was very usable and works fine. i havent got my touch yet, sorry.

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Yeah
Ive seen the iPhone/iPod Touch Facebook.

Trust me, I would rather use Facebook over Myspace any day, its just happens to be that Myspace is where the majority of high school students are. (Im a high school student)

Any chance of providing a link to that youtube video?
I can't find it

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
Yeah
Ive seen the iPhone/iPod Touch Facebook.

Trust me, I would rather use Facebook over Myspace any day, its just happens to be that Myspace is where the majority of high school students are. (Im a high school student)

Any chance of providing a link to that youtube video?
I can't find it

well i exaggerated it a little bit, but i think he did say it works fine......here it is........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-w59Hk-Bg

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Isn't email easier than Myspace, therefore making it better for the less than tech savvy?

Well, I agree with you.

But most kids at my school find Myspace easier due to visuals and basic HTML profile. (And that is an overstatement).

Its not like Im trying to convince anyone Myspace is better.
It isnt. So glitchy.

The reason I want/need to use it, is because of popularity.
Everyone at my high school has one, and it is the easiest route to contact a teenager.
Besides the obvious cell phone( And in rare cases, iPhone)

well i exaggerated it a little bit, but i think he did say it works fine......here it is........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-w59Hk-Bg

Thanks.
Ive actually watched the first video that he created, I wasnt aware that he continued them
Im going to watch it now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.