iPod touch and Podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AppleMatt389, Sep 15, 2007.

1. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I was just wondering something. Since I don't have a touch yet myself, I wanted to ask a question to those on these forums that do have one.

Through the iTunes wifi music store, I know you can buy music but not download podcasts. However, through the podcast menu in music can you update and download your podcasts over wifi? Has anyone tried this?

Any responses/attempts would be great!

:apple:Matt

2. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

No, you can not download podcast via WiFi. They sync just like previous iPods. However, you can browse to the podcast's website and stream it from there.

3. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

I think that this is one software update that we'll be seing in the not-to-distant future.

While I understand the hardware/bandwidth issues of video WI-FI, and podcasts don't generate revenue for Apple, having your daily/weekly podcast automatically on your ipod (or even being able to drive to a WI-FI location like a library and have in in 2 minutes) seems like such a wonderful feature that it might be more useful that the music purchases (although I'm sure Apple wants to tap into impulse purchasing).

If they continue to ignore radio on their ipods, this could be how they try to replace it. Especially with the iphone and even 3g networks, it could become radio on demand. Sweet!