Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeverhadaPC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
Hi all,

I just bought my new MBP 15" blah blah blah through the Apple Store. Last time I bought a computer from Apple was in 2003 and 2005 and back then I had to use the UPC's from the boxes and mail everything in to the apple folks and wait for 6-∞ weeks until I got my refund.

However, yesterday I went online, typed in my order number and apple ID, filled in some online forms about contact information and order and was told to wait 30 days for my refund... it cannot be that easy, right?

I know I cannot return my iPod Touch nor my printer without invalidating my refund. But, seriously, that was too easy.

Am I missing something? What about my UPC's from the box?

rowsdower

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2009
At least you got the printer already. I tried to do the rebate for the MBP/iPod today and it said I can't do it until I receive the entire order, and the printer doesn't ship for another 2.5 weeks.

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny
Hi all,

I just bought my new MBP 15" blah blah blah through the Apple Store. Last time I bought a computer from Apple was in 2003 and 2005 and back then I had to use the UPC's from the boxes and mail everything in to the apple folks and wait for 6-∞ weeks until I got my refund.

However, yesterday I went online, typed in my order number and apple ID, filled in some online forms about contact information and order and was told to wait 30 days for my refund... it cannot be that easy, right?

I know I cannot return my iPod Touch nor my printer without invalidating my refund. But, seriously, that was too easy.

Am I missing something? What about my UPC's from the box?

yes is that easy, this year apple do rebate online, no more cutting the upc and sending them thru snail mail :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.