Ipod Touch and Silverthorne

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bbirch, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bbirch macrumors newbie

What are people's speculation about IPT and the use of silverthorne in future editions? Will Silverthorne kill ARM? and if so, will apple continue to support and others design new 3rd party applications for the 1G ARM IPT?

Or will apple retain ARM processors in the IPT and create an entirely new ultraportable device (think Newton 2) with silverthorne? Any speculation or thoughts out there by some of the more experienced members?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I think you'll find plenty of people here who are experienced at speculation.

3. bbirch thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping so, it is much more interesting to discuss speculation than to keep it to ones self, besides I am sure someone, somewhere, is just dying to tell the world their ingenious speculations about the future of apple that will make them a demi-god (such as yourself) when it comes true :)

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

A demi-god is a position earned by contributing to the site.

5. bbirch thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that, i was just bringing some humour to his comment about people speculating--in essence that is what this site is about.

Yes it contains news, but also rumors or speculations--the site administrators could change the name to: Macspeculations.com, but atlas too many people would misspell it.

Too bad people can't just stay on topic--then maybe some productive speculation (i know an oxymoron) could occur :D