Ipod Touch and the internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bryghteyez, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bryghteyez macrumors newbie

I know I can get online with a wifi connection however is there any way to get the internet when wifi is not available. I have a cell with verizon that has an unlimited data plan but the web is difficult and so i want to use my touch is there a way to use my data plan on my cell witht he touch...or anyother way to get the web all the time?:eek:
    Thanks a bunch!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Sure - dump Verizon, sell the iPod Touch, and get an iPhone.
    Otherwise - nope.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well.... Verizon does have the MiFi, I believe. Also, if your phone is a WinMo phone, I've seen some stuff about tethering them to your Touch. Google and see if you can find anything.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

What you're thinking of is a program called WMWifiRouter, it turns your phone into a wifi router, similar to the Mifi.

You need a WinMob phone and wifi on your phone for it to work. And google your specific phone + wmwifirouter for instructions to set it up correctly.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i love these kind of threads. the answer to the original question is "no" and the first reponse was an efficient answer yet this thread will probably get like 30 posts basically saying the same thing just in different ways..:cool:

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yup. :D