Ipod Touch and USB camera connecter

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by lulgle, Aug 29, 2008.

1. lulgle macrumors newbie

so i was a little disappointed to know that supposedly the usb camera connector that apple has for the 5th gen ipods didn't work. although i haven't yet bought a touch, i was wondering, with 2.0 out, is there an app that activates this as an option, cause if there was i would be 110 sold.

2. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

Well... The only reason the cameras don't work... is because the camera can't be recognized. To make a camera work with the ipod touch ... you would need an app with the ability to activate the camera. And as far as I know ... something like this could only be accomplished with a jailbroken device.
    This application developer ,Named NDMapple, is trying to do just that : http://www.ndmapple.com/NDM_Apple/Home_.html

3. shoelessone macrumors 6502

I really wish there was such an application. Something that worked really well, and allowed you to connect a camera (for instance a 20D/30D/40D/othe dSLR) to the iPod Touch/iPhone via the dock connector, and download (lower resolution versions) the photos directly from the camera. Even better would be a memory card -> iPod Touch/iPhone adapter. I'd like to be able to import the photos into the Photo application.

Anyway, unfortunatly as you probably know the App store agreement (or similar) states that you can't access non apple stuff or perhaps not anything external to the iPod/iPhone. Seeing as apple does not make an camera adapter for the iPod Touch/iPhone nothing "legit" will be coming anytime soon, unless from apple.