iPod touch and youtube

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AppleMatt389, Oct 1, 2007.

1. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Has anyone else had issues with iPod touch and the youtube app? As in videos and search features loading really slowly?

Any responses would be great.

:apple:Matt

2. DJMORGAN macrumors newbie

I am taking a stab in the dark but it seems possible that the h.264 encoded videos are larger and more bandwidth hungry than regular you tube videos. I also notice that in my home (where there are no less than seven wifi devices) the number of devices turned on and the number transferring data over the network can have a huge impact on the iPod. I have tested on a few networks and found when there are few or no other wifi devices then the performance is pretty good. Although I find every now and then it will lock up and look like its bufffering and the scrubber bar will not move then after what seems like ages it will just fill up a whole chunk and continue playing.

Remember using security on your wireless network eats up your bandwidth so use mac address filtering and dont broadcast your ssid for the best performance/security balance.

3. AppleMatt389 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

Thank you, they're all great suggestions and I thought about them. However, I don't have many users on the wireless device nor any encryption (I know, I'm asking for trouble).

Also, my friends youtube app loaded the videos perfectly. So I'm feeling it's a problem with my touch specifically or a software issue. not sure though.

:apple:Matt

4. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm also having youtube problems I always get some error message like server not responding