iPod Touch App Store Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nintendofreak93, May 29, 2008.

1. nintendofreak93 macrumors regular

If I buy an iPod Touch before the App Store comes out, can I later download the App Store to my Touch?

Thanks.:cool:

2. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I'm 95% sure it will come to ipod touch as well as iphone. It may even arrive in a normal update.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm 95% sure that existing touch users will have to pay for the 2.0 firmware with the app store...

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

I'm %100 sure that it will come to the iPod Touch and iPhone, but iPod Touch users will have to pay for the update.

5. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

So should I wait until they add the App Stores on the iPod Touch's? So I won't have to pay extra for the Store.
    Thanks, again. :D

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you want to wait a month and save like twenty bucks, go for it.

7. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

maybe longer as they will have to sell through existing stock, also its meant to be out at the end of june, not at the wwdc

8. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks. I will probably just buy it now because I can't wait!

9. WillisWasabi macrumors newbie

@speakerwizard: I've bought hardware at a retail Apple Store on the day new software came out. Since they still had older software I was able to use the $9.95 offer to have the current media sent to me in a week or so. The Apple employee discounted the price of the hardware by $9.95 to cover it. That still won't help until it's generally available, however.

10. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

If we can use the January software update as a reference, then in all probability on the date the update is officially released, Apple will immediately discount all iPod Touches already in the supply chain by an amount equal to the purchase price of the update.

On the other hand, Apple may choose a different route, and decide that some of the less consumer-centric features (such as Exchange support) won't ever be sold as standard, and you'd have to pay extra to add it no matter when you buy the iPod Touch.

11. djspan101 macrumors newbie

they will bring it out in late june and charge $20.00 for it even though its 20 bucks I'm still gonna do it because i really want third party apps on my touch where they don't require internet. For the mean time google data url creator and then put the bookmarks on your iphone or touch.[​IMG]

12. iPodTouch16 macrumors newbie

Is App Store Only For 16 Gb iPod Touch

I heard from Apple:apple: US workers that they told me that they are stopped making 8 gb iPod touch and the firmware 1.2.0 is only for iPod touch 16gb and 32 gb bcoz its not going to worth a lot for 8 gb it seems. And some people told me 1.2.0 is also for 8 gb but it allows only certain things to download. Can you make sure abt this

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's bull. Apple employees don't know anything of this unless they're either:
    a. On the dev. team in Cupertino
    b. Ranking higher than those on the dev team (ie Apple executives).

14. iPodTouch16 macrumors newbie

My friends father is a designer in USA let me say this anyway they are going to stop making 8 gb. Dev team is a program developers they don't anything abt stopping 8 gb. My friends father bought 16 gb iPod for me but I was not interested in that one he told they are stopping 8 gb He has 25% of in all Apple products.-

15. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the app store will require the internet too as its more than likely going to be the same as the current installer app used on jailbroken ipods

16. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

By "don't require the Internet", I don't think he was referring to the mechanism by which the app is distributed to the end user.

Rather, I assume he was saying that wants native apps that, once delivered, reside entirely within the iPod Touch's internal storage - he doesn't want to be limited to the only currently officially supported method of Web Apps which have to be loaded from the Internet each and every time you run them, which run inside Safari, and often require a persistent Internet connection as long as they run.

17. cakbar macrumors regular

This is just plain dumb. Even if they stop selling the 8GB, it makes absolutely zero sense for them to not support it with the same software updates as the 16/32GB's. This is the same as saying that they are not going to allow 8GB users to download any new songs from iTunes. "Sorry, if you want the new Coldplay album, you're going to have to splash out on a 16GB model".

18. Drucifer macrumors regular

I agree completely. Whoever told you this deserves to be fired.

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

So there's no development team for the iPod touch? Does it develop on its own, like magic? Do you seriously think that there's no development team for this?

Me thinks that either your "friends father" doesn't exist, or needs to be fired. I'm leaning towards the former.

20. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Is it just me, or does this seem really hard to read to others?

Honestly, though, that sounds like a load of you-know-what, firstly, WHY would they tell you, if they knew, they would not tell, friend or not. Seccondly, it is 2.0, NOT 1.2.0 that will be realesed (though i am aware that is what the beta is.)

25% in all apple products? yeah....

21. iPodTouch16 macrumors newbie

Sorry Guys today I forced my self to talk to my friends father without beliveing my friends word. His father told me they are going to stop making 8 gb after they design the next iPod touch more disk space I think. As you guys said the software upgrade is for everyone who owns a sexy touch but it depends on the developer to make an app that suits for 8gb or 16 or 32. This is funny they can make an app for a maximum size of 2gb. It kind of suits for 16/32gb. Even google makes an app like word and ppt and excel.

22. B. Hunter macrumors regular

The title of this thread sounds funny. Especially since the store in not even up yet..

23. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It doesn't make sense for Apple to disadvantage the owners of the 8GB model from getting the App Store. It doesn't seem very fair, plus if storage becomes a problem factor, surely they'd implement the same "check/uncheck" (for auto sync) and "drag and drop" (for manual sync) system in iTunes so users can select which of their apps to have on the iPod at any one time.