iPod Touch App Store Issue.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by defunct32, Oct 23, 2013.

1. defunct32 macrumors regular

Not exactly an issue per se, but my App Store icon on my iPod 5th Gen keep showing a (1) on my home screen and every time I went to check under "updates" nothing will be displayed the (1) notification will disappear as well after I did the check then after a few mins or may be hours it will return with a (1), I will then keep checking under updates, nothing, disappear, a while later it will reappear, rinse and repeat. This has been going on for a month plus.

I'm running 6.1.3, clean, no JB whatsoever, the only app that hasn't been updated is Infinity Blade III b/c that one requires iOS 7 and up and I'm not ready to go for iOS 7 yet. I cannot determine if IB 3 is the cause though but everything else is up-to-date (except for my OS and IB 3 of course).

Anyone knows of anything else?

2. sgreen314 macrumors newbie

That's basically it. It will show the badge number for the update, but if it is an update only for iOS 7 and above, it won't actually show the update. I had the same thing happen when I was still running 6.1.3. If I remember correctly you can go to "Purchased" in the update section, and scroll down until you find one that says update available, you can see your program is listed but if you try to update it won't be able to.

3. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah! I was right then, it's IB3. Thanks for the input, appreciate it!

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

IOS 7 is well worth it for iTunes radio. Even if you don't like the icons, you get used to them pretty quickly.