iPod touch as a Hardware

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by nico657, Jan 15, 2010.

1. nico657 macrumors newbie

I want to use my iPod touch as a hardware. I can't acces my notes anymore, so maybe if i can transfer them on my computer i wil be able to read it again...??

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Do you mean as a hard drive? I'm not sure if that's even possible with a non-jailbroken iPod.

3. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

If you do in fact mean a "hard drive", there are apps such as FileMagnet and Air Sharing that let you store files and view them on the fly, but each one requires you to use their software on your computer to add the files to the Touch. Unfortunately there's no Disk Mode on the Touch the way there is on the Classic, so you don't have the option of getting the Touch to show up in the Finder as a removable drive :(

4. nico657 thread starter macrumors newbie

so....there is no way to transfer my notes from my itouch to my computer??

and when i try to synchronise the notes with itunes it says that it doesn't works and that my ipod is disconnected ( but it's connected)....somebody can help me???!!!!

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I'm not sure about the error message problem, but in general you can sync/transfer notes from an iPod Touch to your computer. You turn this on in iTunes, click on your iPod Touch and then select the 'Info' tab. You will find options for synchronizing contacts, calendars, notes, web bookmarks, etc.

Of course if you cannot connect your iPod Touch to iTunes, that is a whole 'nother problem...

6. nico657 thread starter macrumors newbie

in fact, I can connect my ipod to itunes and synchronise everythings ...but my notes!!! It's says that my ipod is disconnected and even if it is. ....:(