Ipod Touch As A Pockey Computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ericatomars, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Ericatomars macrumors regular

So the ipod is pretty awesome but how have you used it to be like a pocket computer?

Is there a way to be able to work on papers and be able to send that through email?

2. Ericatomars thread starter macrumors regular

**POCKET** so before everyone jumps on my spelling error, yes i didnt catch in time~

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Documents To Go is one way. There are two versions of it out, one for $9.99 and another for $14.99. The only distinction I see is that the $14.99 one supports Exchange attachments.

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I was thinking the same thing as I ate lunch today. Across from me was a woman checking her mail and web sites on a macbook. I can do that on my Touch. Then she open up a word processor and started typing into some document. I couldn't do that. I can open and view documents sent via email, but not create or edit them. If someone would make a bluetooth keyboard that would work with the Touch/iPhone, then port MS Offics apps to it, you might have a real working computer. Until then, it's just a pretender. ;)

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

You know you can edit the title, right?

And yes, it's a great pocket computer.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I had to check for a place to eat...I had my laptop on me but I didn't want to turn it on then wait for it to load...so I whipped out the iPod touch and it in 30 secs

7. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

this thread was much more interesting when everybody thought it was about pockey.

8. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

The tiny keyboard is surprisingly easy to type on, and it does an amazing number of things for it's size.

I'd really like to see them bring out an external keyboard for it, although I know I'm in a small minority on that one.

I had one of the near-original Palm Pilots, so the iPod Touch consistently blows me away. It has a faster processor than one of my laptops did!

That and it reminds me how old I am :p

9. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I'd love to be able utilize a foldable bluetooth keyboard. Being able to easily do my writing anywhere would be a huge productivity bonus.

Come on Apple...WM has had this for years.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I saw some of those keyboards at Fry's. I can definitely type 3x-5x faster on my iPod touch virtual keyboard than one of those.

11. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I thought you were one of those heavy-duty computer nerds that nick names their electronics. Thank you for your correction.

12. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Then we were looking at different keyboards. I was looking at a full sized keyboard that just happens to fold up into a small brick.

I can type 85 wpm net on a full sized keyboard and I definitely can't do that with my thumbs on a touch.