iPod Touch as Flash Drive??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by maclovin', Apr 5, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

Is there any way to use the iPod Touch as a flash drive? What I am looking to do is to be able to load files on to my iPod from my home Mac, and then be able to access them on a PC at school. Is there any way to do this, jailbreak or not, because it would be extremely useful for me. I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 wih software upgrade. Thanks!!

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Nope, no possible way....sorry

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

get yaself a bog standard ipod classic that has disk usage, the ipod touch is a ram disk and not really used as a hard drive

4. JAT macrumors 603

Considering you can get a 2GB flash drive for well under $20 these days...might just be better to get the right tool for the job.

There are ways, SSH & whatnot, but it isn't great.

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Theoretically, you could use SSH to do it, however your school would need Wifi, and the admins might think your trying to hack them if they catch you with SSH stuff with you.

Another option would be iPhoneBrowser, however, I'm not sure of the compatability with iPod Touches, and again you might not be able to install stuff on your school computers.

Like someone said above me, flash drives are mighty cheap these days... I'd rather pay 20 bucks then get suspended from school computer use for installing stuff...

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

iPhoneBrowser works perfect with the touch, if you ziphoned u need to apply a patch from installer first before you can have full access to it

7. hollandtech1 macrumors newbie

I would recomand buying a external hard drive you can get a 500 gig external hard drive for cheap on tiger direct. My Ipod touch 16 gig 2cnd generation shows up under my computer as a camera it started to anoy me so i bought a external drive and I love

8. hollandtech1 macrumors newbie

How can i download the Ipone browser to my ipod touch?

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

click here