Ipod touch at Best Buy Black Friday question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kcjohn, Nov 25, 2009.

1. kcjohn macrumors regular

kcjohn

I just purchased an 8gb touch for my daughter. I know Best Buy is offering a $30 GC with purchase on Black Friday. If I bring in my receipt do you think they'll give me the GC since I bought it a week earlier?

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

no.:(

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

If it states not valid on prior purchase, then probably not. But they might work with you so you don't return it (does it have a restocking fee?).

in all honesty, it is going to depend on the store manager you get (if the add states "not valid on prior purchases). It can't hurt to try - and whatever you do, don't call the store on friday! LOL!!

(i should probably add, i used to work at BB as a Customer Service Senior)

4. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i'm gonna have to say no as well, it'd be nice but there's probably a lot of people in your position to and if they gave out the gift card to everyone then they might start losing money or something.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

MOst stores do have a price guarantee policy in place - if the price drops in X number of days, you can get an adjustment. It just depends on what the current BB one is, and if it's excluded from that based on the, "not valid on prior sales" (and i have no clue what it currently is, i haven't shopped and needed to know for awhile).

They have this because they know that it will irk people and they will return it - better to adjust and save the sale, than to not get it at all.

6. chris7777 macrumors 6502

if you haven't opened it jut return it and buy the one they are offering.

7. kcjohn thread starter macrumors regular

kcjohn

Best Buy gave me the GC price match.

Worth the trip on Black Friday.

8. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I figured they would because you only bought it a week ago. They know you can return it and then re-buy it and get the GC and that would be more work on their end. It's cool you got it.

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

Good - i figured you were within the time period for the price adjustment, but couldn't be sure AND be lazy at the same time :D

They bank on a lot of people not thinking it was worth the trip. I did go to BB yesterday - it was the busiest store i went in despite snagging a parking spot like 4 spots from the door! LOL!!!