iPod touch at WalMart .... NOT!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by infosprt, Sep 27, 2007.

1. infosprt macrumors regular

This afternoon I was checking for the 8GB touch at some of the local stores. I called Circuit City and they said they had some. So after school my son and I went there only to find out they sold out of the 8GB model but still had a few 16GB.

We called the local Best Buys no luck, CompUSA no luck, then we stopped by Target. They got them in the previous evening but they too were sold out of the 8GB but they did have a couple 16GB.

We did some more calling around a low and behold the local WalMart said they had some. My son asked are you sure it is the 8GB iPod touch. They said yes. So we high tail over there to get one before they would sell out. We get in the store go back to the music area and ask the attendant for the iPod touch. She brought us over to a display case that had lots of iPod nanos and a few other iPods. We couldn't see any touchs though. We asked where are the iPod touches and she replied you can touch the screens on those ones (referring to the nanos)...

2. Rickity Rick macrumors member

i like the attendents incompetance

3. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

4. California King macrumors 65816

That would piss the hell out of me, especially if it was a long drive.

5. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

That's what you get for trying to get an 8GB.

6. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

That's like the time I called Best Buy. I asked if they had any ipod touches and she was like, oh, you mean the classics... I replied, no the ipod touches, and she was like, oh the new nanos, and I was like, no, the ipod touches, and not the shuffles, the ipod touch... she stood there silent and said, oh, we don't have those in yet..

OMG!

7. cmonster macrumors member

And yet we all shop at this store and support their bad way of doing business.

8. infosprt thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to mention we were using my site to retrieve phone numbers. It was kind of tough so I put a new text based local search with automatic phone dialing on the site. So something good came out of the experience. Give it a try and I think you will find you can't be without it.

www.iTouchMap.com