iPod Touch authorize computer on my new MBP needs credit card

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Artmuzz, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I have an iPod Touch 32GB and its a great little thing except for when I want to transfer music from my new MBP through iTunes.

This is really driving me up the wall as I have ripped music from CD albums I have bought in record shops and I want to transfer them to my iPod Touch from my new MBP. However, the only way I can do this is by selecting "Authorize Computer" on iTunes menu but when I sign in using my Apple username to authorize computer, it tells me that I don't have an iTunes account so I have to create an account which requires me to fill in my Debit Card/Credit Card details:eek: If I don't fill in my card details then it refuses me to transfer music to my iPod Touch. This is really bad considering I can transfer music easily from my MBP to my other MP3 players that I own without filling in Debit/Credit Card details.

I am unhappy in filling in my Debit Card details as I have no intention in buying albums from iTunes (except for buying Apps with gift voucher card) and only want to transfer CD albums that I own to my iPod Touch without the hassle.

If the only way of authorizing my MBP to trasfer music is by having an iTunes account and a Debit/Credit card then shame on Apple I am not impressed:rolleyes:

Art

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This happened to me as well. You could; A: enter your CC info then remove it after your account has been created. Nothing get charged. Or B: Enter random numbers then remove them after the account has been created. Once you do create an account you can link it with a PayPal or enter gift card numbers if you want to buy things from iTunes.