iPod Touch AV cable not working? Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jacob's iPod, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Jacob's iPod macrumors newbie

I need some help... I went to a mall and found a place were they had iPhone accessories and I asked for a iPhone/iPod av cable. So he showed me a off brand av cable and said that it works with iPhone and iPod so I bought it. But every time I plug my iTouch to tv it doesn't even say it is connected. So I downloaded Resupport4 of cydia and still nothing is working!!! If you can please reply as soon as possible I need help!!!!!!

2. peestandingup macrumors regular

Well which cable is it & what TV input are you using? Is it a dock cable or go through the headphone port like old school iPods??

3. james92se macrumors 6502a

From what I can tell (I'm on an iPhone 4 and am looking to do the same thing and have a similar question in the iPhone forum waiting for responses), you need Resupported4 to get the "off brand" cables to work - AND you need DisplayOut to actually display the screen on your TV.

So, basically - Resupported4 just allows you to use the off brand cables, and DisplayOut allows you to actually display on the TV.

4. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a dock cable...

5. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

Besides that I need some one to help me! I downloaded Resupported and Displayout. And it still is not working! But I did download the older version of Displayout... Does that make a difference? ( Asking anyone )

6. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a little bit of searching and found out that ios4 does not have tv out capabilities anymore. That explains why it would even show that it was connected. But, it still has the tv out settings. So does that means I can add the support to the ios4 firmware?

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

there's another thread about this somewhere. resupported4 and tv out will work on ios4 to display video with a non-oem cable. however, on resupported websites, it states that audio is only supported if the original cable supports it in the first place. i have yet to see a non-apple cable that's able to do this. $50 seems like a rip-off, but if you use the cable a lot, it's more than worth it.

8. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

So if I downloaded tvout it would let me mirror my iPod touch screen onto my tv?

9. Dino451 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem upgrading to ios 4.1 and jail breaking on my 2G iPod touch. I have a non-apple cable that works fine on ios 4.0 and jail broken. I upgraded to ios 4.1 and to my surprise my cable did not output to my TV with 4.1/jailbroken. I did many tests and found out that the problem is Cydia/using snow breeze 2.0. I tested a fresh install of 4.1 and it worked fine. I tested it with my backup restored, it worked fine. I tested it with 4.1 jailbroken/restored from backup with Cydia installed but not configured for the first time, it worked fine. After the first time Cydia configures itself for the first time, tv out is disabled. I did this twice to make sure, starting cydia for the first time disabled tv out. I have reluctantly downgraded to 4.0 just for tv out because I use it more than I thought. waiting for another jailbreak(PC) to upgrade and get the features I want.

I also tried those cydia apps with 4.1 and nothing worked

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

11. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

So your saying is that if downgrade to 4.0 I can use an off brand av cable?

12. m1le5 macrumors newbie

TVOut2 Mirror TVOut

If you install "TVOut2 Mirror TVOut" package from Cydia, this is resolved. Just plug in your phone afterwards, set up your TV using the app, and then videos from ipod on your iphone play normally (as well as other things like games).

Temporary workaround until saurik or someone else realizes why Cydia is breaking TVout...

13. Dino451 macrumors 6502

Going to try this asap. I have 4.1 and cydia not configured waiting for a fix.

14. Dino451 macrumors 6502

This worked great on my 2G touch 4.1 JB-with no trouble. Not exactly the same as before, but better than nothing.