iPod Touch back to iTunes again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Simple Living, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Simple Living macrumors member

I have an iPod Touch full of podcasts that I downloaded from iTunes. I had to do a clean reinstall of my computer and now I can't get my podcasts from my iPod Touch back into my iTunes Library. I thought I was backing them up!

Why do they have to make this so difficult? They obviously came from iTunes so putting them back in my library should really be a non-issue.

How can I save my podcasts? I've heard of software online that does the trick but everything I found is for PC's or it won't work with an iPod TOUCH.

2. GeniusJon macrumors regular

Authorize your computer.

Store > Authorize this computer.

3. Simple Living thread starter macrumors member

That doesn't work. I wish it were that simple, but it's not. For the life of me, I can't figure out why iTunes doesn't allow this.

I've searched the internet for HOURS (because I really don't want to lose these podcasts) and the only solution I found is one piece of software that casts $30! The podcasts were free and, as much as I want to keep them, I'm not paying $30 when they were free to begin with.

The software has a trial version but that puts severe (and useless) limitations on the transfers.