Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I've had my touch Jail broke for a while now and I was wondering I have like 9 apps how do I get a sweet background behind all the apps? I see other people have it done but IDK how. I'm using a MAC BTW if that helps anyone. Just wondering thanks. Do I have to download a Springboard?

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
I've had my touch Jail broke for a while now and I was wondering I have like 9 apps how do I get a sweet background behind all the apps? I see other people have it done but IDK how. I'm using a MAC BTW if that helps anyone. Just wondering thanks. Do I have to download a Springboard?

go to your installer and you should have an option to install a ton of different themes

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I just downloaded some and then went into SMBPrefs and then chose one and I restarted it and the background is still black! What am I doing wrong?

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
If all you are wanting to do is choose a background image and are not fussed about all of the icons then go to Summerboard, under Appearance slide Theme Wallpaper to Off. Scroll to the bottom of that page and hit 'Restart Springboard' and then go to Settings and choose a wallpaper (the background image used will be the same as the wallpaper you choose)
Worked for me earlier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.