iPod Touch Battery COST

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CaptainCaveMann, May 31, 2008.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Anyone know how much it is to replace an iPod Touch battery from Apple?

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Reference: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery/

1. What is the iPod Battery Replacement Program?
    If your iPod requires service only because the battery’s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will replace your iPod for a service fee of $59 (£29.80 GBP), plus $6.95 (£3.50 GBP) shipping. Be sure to follow these instructions for optimizing battery life and troubleshooting battery charging issues before submitting your iPod for battery replacement.

2. How much does it cost to participate in the program?
    The program costs $59 (£29.80 GBP), plus $6.95 (£3.50 GBP) shipping. The program cost is $65.95 per unit (£33.30 GBP).
    All fees are in US dollars and are subject to local tax. Replacement iPods may be new, used or refurbished. Service may not be available if your iPod has been damaged due to accident or abuse. Please review Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for further details.

3. How do I send in my iPod for battery replacement service?
    Easy. Just complete our iPod service request form. Please review the service terms and conditions. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to participate in the program. Please note that you will not be sent a shipping box for the out-of-Warranty service request, but you will receive an email with instructions and the address to send your iPod to Apple at your expense using a traceable method of shipment via the carrier of your choice. Please note that the applicable out-of-Warranty shipping charge covers the cost of Apple's shipment of the prospective replacement iPod to you.

4. Will the data on my iPod be preserved?
    No, your songs and files will not be transferred to your replacement iPod. Please backup important files, and remove all data from your iPod before sending it to Apple.

5. Will my iPod personalization be preserved?
    If your original iPod has a personalized engraving by Apple, you will have the option of having the replacement iPod engraved with the same text, or replaced by a non personalized iPod (benefiting from a faster service). If your original iPod was custom laser engraved by another company, your replacement iPod will not be personalized.

6. How long will it take to receive my replacement iPod?
    If your iPod is not personalized, your service will take approximately one week from the date we receive your iPod for service to the date you receive your replacement iPod. If your iPod is personalized, your service will take approximately two to three weeks from the date we receive your iPod for service to the date you receive your replacement iPod.

Note: This information is about out-of-warranty battery replacement for iPod. I'm not sure how much it is within warranty or whether they
    would just replace the battery free under Apple Care ...

R-Fly