iPod Touch battery drain with 2.1 firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amancalledsun, Sep 12, 2008.

1. amancalledsun macrumors newbie

I've had a 1st Gen 16GB Touch for a few months. It's worked like a charm. However, after upgrading to the 2.1 firmware (5F137), it now drains the battery continuously. With the 2.0 firmware, I could click the lock button on the top of the Touch, and, even if I let it sit for a couple of days, there would be minimal battery drain. Now, with the 2.1 firmware, I click the lock button (no music playing, no apps open, nothing else going on) and despite the screen being off, it drains the battery down as though it was playing music the whole time. Has anyone else seen this? I'm tempted to downgrade because of it. Not happy, Apple!!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Turn off location services, they turned on when you updated. Now test to see if you are still getting the battery drain.

TEG

3. Jakethasnake919 macrumors newbie

Jakethasnake919

My Touch drained the battery in a few hours right after I upgraded, but I haven't had a problem with it since. I let it drain completely and then charged it again and it is still working fine. I never really turn it of I just put it on hold like you were talking about. That is probably bad for it but oh well. I think I'm going to wait until next September to get a new one once they release the 3rd generation.

4. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Ya mine was doing it that until I restarted it and now the battery is fine.

5. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

My Touch was terrible on battery on the 2.0. Now with 2.1 it lasts several hours more.

With 2.0 I would hit the lock button on the top, and the next morning it would be dead.

2.1 lasts for about 2 days without charging and light use.