ipod touch battery extension

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ipaqman, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

is there such thing as something that will add onto the touch to boost the battery life?

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Evening all. Rather than starting a new thread I'm reviving this one.

I bought the Griffin TuneJuice but :)o) can't actually tell if it's working with my iPod Touch or not - how do you tell?! There doesn't seem to be anything to indicate whether it's working or not when you connect it.

Has anyone tried other power rechargers/enhancers, like the iPod Powerstick? How do you rate them?

Thanks.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

I would suggest looking at this option from Proporta.

http://proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=2725&t_mode=des

It does cost more, but it is rechargeable and will charge from any USB port. It will also work with your phone or any other electronics that you have. I've used it with iPods, iPhone, Nokia internet tablets, and other stuff and mine has never given me any problems. It has a great capacity, as well. And you'll never have to buy batteries for it, which will save you money in the long run. Proporta also has great customer service as well. They've always responded to me quickly and if there's a problem (this was with a phone case), they immiedately sent me a new one and just asked me to send the broken one to a place in Florida with free postage with a letter describing the problem.

It's a great product and I strongly reccomend it over things that you have to re-stock with new batteries every time.

edit: I didn't realize how old this thread is before I typed this up...

4. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Wow, that looks very interesting, I love the idea of having something to recharge my phone and iPod (instead of carrying around a sack load of chargers).

I'm trying to find out from that site if it works with the iPod Touch? Do you know? Thanks. EDIT: Ooops, sorry, I see now it will work with any USB powered device.

Found more info on it here.

[​IMG]

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, it's just a USB port on the battery. It's powered the same way as those found on computers or AC chargers. So it will work with pretty much everything. All you need is the right power tip, many of which come with it (and you can pick one more for free).

6. lindalady macrumors newbie

ipowerrush

If you need to extend the life of your iphone seach the web for this site and you will be able to purchase a battery extension for your iphone. Works great!!

7. lindalady macrumors newbie

Rare is the occasion when I actually let my iPod’s battery to get down so low that it dies while I’m listening to it. However, those rare times that it happens are horrible. I’m usually on a long flight or stuck somewhere for a while with nothing to do. It’s during these times that I would to just about anything for a backup battery. Which is why the iPowerRush would come in handy for any iPod or iPhone user.

This nice little external battery runs off of 6 AAA batteries, so you’ll probably want to stock up on some rechargeables. Depending on which iPod you have, you can expect between 10 and 15 hours of additional life. Your iPhone will get around four hours of talk time, three hours of internet usage or 120 hours on standby.

Since the device runs on simple AAA batteries, it keeps the cost down. You’ll only have to fork over $30 to keep your tunes playing in a pinch.

Source: Boy Genius