iPod touch battery help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nausia, Nov 12, 2007.

  1. Nausia macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    #1
    Hi,

    I got my iPod touch on Friday, and started charging it straight away for about two hours. I took it off charge to go over a friends, because it said it was "fully charged". Earlier today, three days later, I played a film at college (probably should have been working, but no one noticed) and the battery only just managed to supply enough power to get through the film. I was slightly disapointed by this.

    Is this normal for the early days of owning one, or should I have charged it for longer when I got it out of the box? Could it be faulty, or do I just need to stick with it for a bit longer? Are there any special techniques I can use to conserve or optimize my battery power?

    Thanks, guys... This looks like an ace forum.

    G
     
  2. intempo808 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    #2
    Battery Conservation

    I found this when I first got mine a few days ago! It seems to be very good now... But I do a few things to keep its battery life for as long as possible. These include; turning WI-FI off when I'm not using it and putting my iPod to sleep between uses rather than turning it on and off all the time!

    I don't know if you already do any of these.. But they really do help a lot! Definitly worth trying and I wouldn't say your iPod is faulty... Just in need of some battery conservation!

    Hope this helps!
     
  3. Richard.John macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2007
    Location:
    Yurigaoka, Japan
    #3
    Yes, only enable wi-fi if you want to use it.
     
  4. RichP macrumors 68000

    RichP

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2003
    Location:
    Motor City
    #4
    Completely drain the battery, then fully charge it overnight (12 hours) This will cycle the battery and give you max performance.

    Also, turning off wifi will help.
     
  5. Nausia thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    #5
    Thanks for your help everyone. Yes, I do turn my Wi-Fi off when I'm not using it, although I do use it a lot when I'm at home. I wasn't putting it on sleep when not in use; I was turning off and on between use, which I guess uses more power (due to the effort of booting). Thanks for that, Intempo. My battery is drained now, so I will and charge it over night and hope for an improvement.

    I'm glad it's not faulty...

    Thanks for your help!

    G
     

Share This Page