ipod touch battery increase ? why ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Jun 26, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

i just buy ipod touch today
    i make a test facetime call

1 hour
    after that battery go down 30 %
    after i end call , 30 % showing,then it lift up 40 % then 50 %

is my battery normal ?

why they lift up percent that way ?
    usually it take what it used

2. genexrocket macrumors regular

Um, that's not normal, try resetting it. You can do this by holding down the home and sleep button until it resets. If that doesn't work, try restoring it back to factory settings by connecting to iTunes and selecting, "restore."

3. scott523 macrumors 6502a

That looks pretty normal to me (except your English). First of all, you just bought a new iPod touch and I assume you didn't even take the time fully charge it. As for the battery life, it is measured based on your activity. If you're on Facetime, the battery life will show how much time it has left if you continue to use Facetime. So once you end your call, your iPod touch would be inactive and the battery life would reflect upon that.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

It's not a MacBook Pro man.

iPhone's don't run that way. It shows you the percentage of battery you have left, that's all. It doesn't change when you are running less intensive apps, the battery life just goes down slower.

5. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Are you sure?

Even my old iPod video did this. Whilst browsing music or making the HD spin up for whatever reason, the battery life indicator would decrease. But after letting it spin down as well as turn off the backlight, it would increase.

I can't see why an iPod touch/iPhone wouldn't do the same or similar.

6. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Both of my iPod touches have done this, 2nd gen and 3rd gen refurb that I just got a few months ago. This happens on my friends iPod Nano 3rd gen, so I'd say this is how the iPods function. iPhones run differently and show the correct battery usage.