iPod touch battery life problems!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boillator, Feb 6, 2010.

1. boillator macrumors newbie

OK, my iPod touch drains battery at an incredibly fast rate. I installed an application called iBattery free. I was browsing the web one day with search for wifi off and all push notifications off. I was only on for about 5 minutes and the battery drained from 92% to 88%. I decided to exit to the home screen and put it in sleep mode. A few minutes later when i turned it on and checked the battery had drained to 85%! The estimated amount of wifi time i still had was horribly inaccurate. In about 10 minutes of browsing it lowered my wifi browsing time about an hour.

Also of note is that i waited until the 20% battery notification to begin charging, but i didn't check to see how long the battery would last at 10%. Do you think the battery indicator has not been calibrated yet? Since i have not let it drain fully since i have gotten the app. Has anybody else had this problem? Is it true that the first charge determines how much battery life the iPod has between charges regardless?

2. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

The battery in mine seems to be absolute garbage when playing games. I'm starting to wonder if it is defective and I should take it to be looked at. I get 1 hour maybe 2 tops when playing games.

3. jampat macrumors 6502a

Playing games really pushes the battery. I get about 5 hours of video (encoded with handbrake, ipodtouch preset) on my IPT, but can kill the battery much faster playing games.

To the OP, was your battery draining quickly before you installed the app? Is the app using a lot of processor and chewing through the battery? The batteries are Lithium, charging cycles should not significantly affect life (obviously after recharging a few hundred times the battery will be tired, but any individual charging event should not have a major affect).