IPod touch battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jekay06, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jekay06 macrumors newbie

My IPod touch 3g is only 4 months old but I get about an hours use before the the 20% battery life come up. I brought it back to Apple and everything checks out. I love the unit but the battery life sucks. I have gone on line and checked out how to get better batery life, but If I did what it says to do, it would be useless.

2. Windows macrumors member

Windows

Had similar problems, go to the Apple store, book an apointment with a technichan (you can choose the hour and day to meet your needs).
    Explain them your problem and if you have any other ones such as, light leaks ,dead pixels, etc. The more things wrong with your iPod the higher the chances you'll get a replacement.

I did this on mine because I had a battery issue were my iPod didn't even last 10 hours on sleep mode... so yeah I decided to take it back and the guy that I got gave me a replacement in 10 minutes, just be friendly.

P.S - Restore your device before doing this of course... :D:apple:

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Your problem is most likely because there is an app running in the background which is keeping the wifi turned on constantly.

Double click the home button, hold down on an app until a red button appears, press the red button an each app to clear the apps running in the background.

The way to avoid this problem is to clear your apps running in the background regularly and when you are not using wifi or you are out of the range of a wifi network to turn of wifi or put the iPod into airplane mode.

If you still have the problem after trying these steps then it is most likely a hardware issue.