Ipod Touch Blowing Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Mr. 18.5, May 1, 2009.

1. Mr. 18.5 macrumors newbie

Alright so i have had my ipod touch first gen for about 6 months, i never ever had a problem with it, then recently my shure se110 headphones basically blew, sound would come out sometimes others not, sometimes it wud work but the volume would drop dirastically enough that i could hear it, so i said oh headphones are blown so i went and got a pair of my old zune headphones, then last night those headphones are doing the same thing, just not near as bad... just bad luck with headphones, or ipod if screwed?

2. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

HHHmmm, that's weird.

do you have any apple headphones you can try?

Check the jack where you plug them in. See if the plug(s) wiggle around in the hole. You may have pulled on it and loosened the jack so that it doesn't make good contact... just a thought.

3. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

iPod touch blowing headphones?

I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people don't consider that formally getting screwed.

4. Mr. 18.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

ug

now the one pair of headphones do do the same thing plugged into my speakers, but is there a chance the ipod is actually blowing the headphones?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's possible the headphone jack is shorting out your headphones. I'd get a warranty replacement on both.

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

Headphones can easily take the highest sound setting on the iPod which is not TOO loud.
    I doubt that matters.

I would guess it's bad luck because I cannot think of anything related to the iPod that could cause such a problem.
    Have you tried contacting apple? Leave them an email and see what they suggest- i'd assume it would be a waste of time but it doesn't harm you to try. Good luck trying to find the solution and do keep us posted.

8. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

if you think that the loudest setting on i pods arnt too loud then youve got some issues, like bad buds, or ur kinda deaf. ipod all the way up=hearing damage