ipod touch & Bose Sounddock

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by expresss, Dec 29, 2008.

1. expresss macrumors newbie

Hi, Got a new 32 ipod touch for Christmas. It plays on my Bose sound dock however it is not charging. I did not put the adapter that came with the ipod into the dock as is playing the tunes so I figured it was not necessary to change out what I already had in there. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks.

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

The earlier iterations of the SoundDock do not charge the iPod touch or iPhone. I believe Apple changed the pin config. on the dock connector.

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

To be honest, to me this is a welcome happenstance with the Sound Dock and 2nd Gen Touch's.

I for one did not like the fact that the Sound Dock always charged the 1st gen Touch and did not give you a choice. I would have rathered it have a switch you toggle for charbe/no-charge or just that it would not charge at all. So again, the fact that the Bose Sound Docks do not charge the 2nd gen Touch's is alright with me. I might just buy a Sound Dock soon for my 2nd gen Touch :)

Mike

4. scrappledog macrumors member

I'm kind of disappointed the Bose stations no longer have AM and FM tuners. That kind of makes it a deal-breaker for me. I love podcasts, but I also like waking up to certain programs live as they're being aired.

5. Roadking macrumors 6502

They do. It's called the Wave. They also have a new dock for the iPod to connect to it.

6. chusamen macrumors newbie

does the remote controller of bose sounddock original work with ipod touch 2gen??

does the remote controller of bose sounddock original work with ipod touch 2gen??

Does anybody know how to "upgrade" the speaker system as it is said in the offical page to be able to charge the ipod touch???

thank you very much!