iPod Touch Boxes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CactusChef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. CactusChef macrumors member

I'm going to be getting an iPod touch for my girlfriend for her birthday next week. She doesn't have a huge music collection, so I'm going for the 8gb.

My question is: Are there still 2 different box types (Corinne Bailey Rae & Macy Gray)? Is there any difference between the two (I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask)... do I have a better shot at going for one over the other?

If I remember correctly, I think I've seen both images for the 8gb and 16gb versions... any particular reason for that? I think it'd probably would have been easier to differentiate the 8gb and the 16gb by using one image for each instead of using both for the 2 versions.

Anyways, do I have a better shot at getting one over other, and if so, what week should it be...or are the screen issues all resolved?

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

It doesnt really matter.
    Im not sure on if there are still different boxes, but if you check the serial number, and see its a week 39 and above, youre good. No screen issues, or anything.

3. degrutze macrumors newbie

week?

how do i now the week from the serial number?

this is my serial number :9c7411s6w4n , what week is this??

4. California King macrumors 65816

You shouldn't worry too much about the week number. Most iPods available are week 38 and above and even if you get one with the negative black effect, the firmware upgrade should fix it.

^ your Ipt is a week 41