Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nc7r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
It um, seems I have a problem.

My 1.1.1 hacked iPod Touch had a few iPhone Apps on, Summer board and that's about it really.

I thought I'd put some more music on, however connecting my iPod to my computer was proving difficult. It was charging my iPod, but not syncing with iTunes in any of my MacBook Pro's USB ports - very strange.

I reset the settings, with no progress, then did a full erase content and reset - should be like a brand new iPod, correct?

It's left my hacked applications still on. I've got no content but can't put it back to the way it way. Obviously the Apple Store can't do much as it's hacked now so I need to get it back to it's original state.

Any ideas?

Reset Menu:
photo4468ca6.jpg

What's left once it's done:
photo454ad4b.jpg

BassistKing1

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
i think the reset in the settings on the ipod itself is just for changing it back to default settings. if u want to erase everything on ur ipod, try restoring with itunes. have u tried rebooting ur ipod and then trying to connect it to ur comp? does it have low battery life? maybe let it charge for a little while.

BassistKing1

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
is there disk mode on the ipod touch like the other ipods have?(im thinking there isnt, because u cant use the touch as a disk drive)

u could also try restore mode .

nc7r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Thanks for the help.

Googled recovery move (Hold down menu button while connecting to itunes) and it mounted in to itunes.

Scary!

Downgrading to 1.1.3 to see what it's like. Now I've just got to see whether it's worth $20 to get the Apps back, or whether there's another source of getting them.

Surely it should just be an update file added to iTunes?

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
Word of warning, once you're at 1.1.3 there is no way to downgrade the firmware to 1.1.1 if you decide you want to jailbreak again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.