Ipod Touch Bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itsm3cmg, Jul 13, 2008.

1. itsm3cmg macrumors member

:mad:My Ipod touch just shut off while backing up to itunes and never turned back on. When I try to turn it on it goes only as far as the apple logo and stays there for ever. By the way I am using 2.0.

Can anyone help me?

2. itsm3cmg thread starter macrumors member

:(I also bought my ipod from craigslist so I don't know if apple will fix it or not cause I have no reciept

3. thesdx macrumors 6502a

This happened to me as well. When it's off, hold down the home button and plug it into your computer. When you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo appear, let go, and restore your iPod.

4. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

Let me clarify.

Plug your iPod into iTunes. Hold down both the sleep/wake button and the home button. The screen will go black and then the Apple logo will appear. When it appears, release the sleep/wake button, while still holding the home button. You should get a "Device found in recovery mode, do you want to restore?" message on iTunes. Restore. In about 90 minutes, you should have a functioning iPod Touch. :D

5. itsm3cmg thread starter macrumors member

Ok I did all that but now I can't download any of the apps I have previously downloaded. Well I can't download them from my ipod directly, also I don't know how to download them from my computer then put them on my ipod.