iPod Touch Brightness Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by reitter, Aug 29, 2009.

1. reitter macrumors newbie

I have a 32G iPod Touch that is about 6 months old. Several days ago I put it into a new carrying/protection case and the brightness feature seemed to stop working. I put "Brightness" onto max and tried turning "auto brightness" on and off with no improvement. Is there something else I can do to get the background bright again. I can still use my iPod touch, but can not see it unless I have a bright light. Thanks.

2. daveoo macrumors newbie

I also have a 32gb ipod Touch 2nd gen, about 6 mo old. Not a re-furb.

My brightness disappeared yesterday. I need a flashlight to read the screen and navigate. Seems to work fine otherwise. Brightness setting adjustment doesn't work. Seems like a back light isn't working.

I should add yesterday, ocassionally the backlight worked for 5-10 seconds when powering on.

I have had the unit in a Vaha case for the duration. It has magnet closure. No recent trauma.

I don't know what I will do yet for resolution of this issue.

I joined this forum to add to this post, tho I don't have any answers.

I will do a search soon and see if this has been addressed.

3. daveoo macrumors newbie

4. reitter thread starter macrumors newbie

Resolution of iPod Touch Brightness Problem

I took my iPod Touch (32G) to the Apple Store and talked to one of the employees/consultants. It looks like either my LED backlight is bad or my sensor is bad. To check the sensor, you might want to peel back your film on the front of your iPod just to be sure that it is not screening too much light. Anyway, the final resolution is that Apple will replace my iPod Touch with a new one.

5. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

does the case cover the top black bordered area?

6. womble2k2 macrumors regular

Does it work again if you take it out of the case?