Ipod Touch broke, need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yandex, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Yandex macrumors newbie

I have an Ipod touch 4g 64gb. It's screen is always black, and it won't turn on. It also won't go into normal recovery mode, but I can get it into DFU mode.

I've hooked it up to Itunes and everytime I try to restore it I get a 1601 or 1602 error, no matter what computer I run it on. I've tried three different computers and I've tried reinstalling Itunes.

Can anyone help?

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

3. Yandex thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it used so I'm not for certain. I don't think it was though

4. jefbond macrumors member

More than likely there's some physical or liquid damage. There's a liquid sensor in the headphone jack. If you take a good look straight down the center, you should see a white circle. If any of this circle is red, then the device has been in contact with liquid and this would almost definitely be the cause, and is not covered by warranty. This is the first things all Genius check at the Apple store whenever they put a device in their hands.

If there is no sign of liquid damage, and the display does light up black, instead of no brightness at all, while it is lit up, lightly press on the display. If you see the LCD change color from this light pressure, then the LCD under the glass is most likely cracked from some form of physical damage; most likely from being dropped.

5. MrPaperTrain macrumors newbie

Hi,

As above stated these are the likely causes for damage - I run a small iDevice repair business in the UK that's dealt with a few of these problems. If you're willing to ship to the UK (and I will ship back) I can take a look at it and quote you on a repair (If this is anything like previous devices chances are cost will be about £60 (gbp). Email me on repairit@tech-center.com - Because it's a physical thing there's not a lot that can really be done via forum but either way I hope your problem gets sorted!

MPT.